Parents love the fact that they are now able to bring two kids (twins or siblings of different ages) with them on quick strolls around the park or the zoo or when doing groceries, but without having to carry them the entire time.
But, finding the perfect double stroller can be a difficult task. If you have kids of different ages and one is already old enough to enjoy walking, you probably should not go for regular twin strollers.
For a situation like this, you might have to opt for a sit and stand stroller instead.
What is a sit and stand stroller?
As its name suggests, a sit and stand is a stroller that will allow one of your kid to sit while the other to stand (or sit when they feel tired).
This enables the parents to bring along both kids but without having to constantly chase after the bigger kid who might want to enjoy walking independently. This is especially helpful when you have to cross a street or navigating through throngs of people.
Pros of the Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
Looking for the perfect double stroller that comes with a reasonable price tag is a difficult task to accomplish.
What parents love most about this stroller is that it comes with a huge size: spacious basket underneath the seat for easy storage, huge canopy and bottle holders. The seats are also quite cozy and are removable. Despite being huge and spacious, the Graco Roomfor2 stroller folds compactly and can easily fit even in a medium sized trunk.
Other compelling reasons to like this double stroller are the following:
- It completely folds to ground just like a single stroller.
- There is a latch to keep it folded firmly.
- The front tray is adjustable so that the kid sitting in the front can enter or exit easily.
- The front seat can be reclined in such a way the kid sitting inside can take a nap.
- The front wheels can be locked during rough terrain or passage.
- The mug holders for parents are deep enough and the drinks do not spill out during stroller movement
- My younger kid can easily stand in the stroller and hold on to the comfy handles for safety.
- Easy to steer with just one hand. However, if your kids are rather big and heavy then you might have to steer it with both hands.
- It has good height such that the parents with height above 6 feet can easily steer the stroller.
- It is easy to push and maneuver around.
- It is very easy to assemble and disassemble. Once you have collapsed it, it is rather easy to move around, much like you would a single stroller. Say goodbye to painful backs.
- Its seat buckles are strong and durable and truly ensure the safety of its passengers
- There are variety of storage spaces to keep wallets, mobile phones, cups and other stuff. The under seat basket is big enough to keep diaper bags and kids toys.
- The storage basket is easily accessible and it can keep good amount of kids’ stuff in it. However there is still a limit on how many shopping items can be placed along with your kids’ stuff.
A good stroller for two but needs some improvement
This stroller can become a perfect one if some things are adjusted and improved.
Not all products are designed to be perfect but it would be nice if they could change a few things to make it a little better for parents. These things include:
- Detailed instructions on assembling and disassembling the stroller should be provided and documented properly. Pushing down the wrong parts can cause it to easily brake — and you obviously have no idea which one this is since the product is all new to you.
- When we have to collapse the stroller, it does not collapse in a standing position. We have to pick it up every single time and it can be a pain for some people. There are some strollers which can be collapsed in a standing position and can be moved on its rear wheels. This is a very important feature as some parents may be carrying their kids with their other hand as they disassemble and stow away the stroller.
- When the front seat is reclined, the back seat becomes rather uncomfortable to sit in. This would mean that the older child will have to stand up every time the younger kid is napping since there is not enough space to accommodate both reclined seat and older child at the same time. Even so, the front seat cannot be really fully reclined so it is not the most comfortable place to nap in.
- The 5-point harness on the front seat was surprisingly difficult to use since all the pieces are separate and need to be fitted firmly to buckle the kid inside.
- The sun shade is difficult to control as they are quite stiff. They also do not provide maximum protection that parents may be looking for in their strollers.
- The storage basket is designed to be spacious but the seats simply get in the way. This means that you will have a difficulty putting huge things inside (yes, including a huge diaper bag). You will have to get smaller bags or get your kids out of the stroller which is rather pointless.
- The front and rear wheels come with separate brakes. It is weird and causes a sudden movement if you happen to put on the brakes and move the stroller at the same time. Perhaps a unified brake system for the two sets of wheels can help avoid the sudden jerking movement.
- The back seat does not come with a snack tray so the parents and the older kid will have to share the tray attached to the handle bars.
Before you make your final decision, be sure to check out other strollers similar to the Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect. Good luck!
Originally posted 2016-03-30 04:54:04.