Umbrella strollers are the lightest and most portable baby strollers in the market. These kinds of strollers are very easy to fold so they can be carried on a train or stashed at the back of a vehicle. They are easier to maneuver in crowded spaces and that’s one more reason why they have become such a favorite among urban parents now.
These strollers can usually be folded the same way an umbrella does. However, there are a few models that fold in half allowing them to become an even more compact model. These strollers are best for babies who are at least six months of age, as the seats don’t recline to fully flat. Thus, babies who sit here should already be able to hold his head.
Now, let’s take a look at our umbrella stroller reviews.
Here are some of the finest umbrella strollers that you can find.
1. Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller – The Lightest Umbrella Stroller
This model comes with a canopy and cargo basket. You can choose from any of the four colors: black, tangerine, topazio, and cilantro.
The Chicco Capri is an ultra lightweight and rugged umbrella stroller that has been designed in Italy. It weighs just 11 pounds (so this is one of the lightest umbrella stroller) but you will find many advanced features that are usually seen in full-size regular models.
Its product dimensions are 33.5 inches by 19 inches by 39 inches and it is made of aluminum. The front wheels suspension is very efficient and allows you to take the stroller in even rough terrain. The wheels can stay fixed or can swivel as needed. The Chicco comes with a 5-point safety harness system. The extra padding makes it comfortable and the shoulder strap will keep your baby safe in position. However, there is just a single recline position. The Chicco Capri is definitely a nice purchase.
2. Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
The Summer Infant 3D lite is among the most popular umbrella strollers in the Amazon web store at this time and weighs just 12 pounds. Its aluminum frame is extremely stylish and ,yet, it makes this model very sturdy and lightweight. The frame comes with a one year limited warranty. There is a carry strap, too, for ease of taking along. You can expect to use it for as long as your child needs it. The Infant 3D can probably be stored away for a second child later, too, and won’t take up a lot of your space.
The front wheels have anti-shock features while the rear wheels can be locked to improve safety. There is a large seating area for your baby and it can be reclined to more than one position. The 5-point safety harness keeps your child safe always. You will be able adjust or even remove the canopy completely as well. Most moms have find its rear storage pocket most convenient for storing a lot of things. Plus, there is the large storage basket, too.
3. Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller
This umbrella stroller is perfect for infants up to 50 pounds and those who are at least 6 months of age. Parents will be happy as it is durable. The infant is happy, too, as it is very comfortable thanks to the additional padding and wider seat base. All eight wheels are larger in size, which means that this product is safer and glides over any surface easily. The 5-point harness makes it even safer. Rear wheel brakes keep it in place always. At 20.4 pounds, this is again one of the lightest umbrella stroller you are sure to love. You will rarely find something better anywhere else.
The Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller has taller handles that reclines in many positions. You won’t ever hit the back of the wheels which would result to waking up the infant suddenly. Sunny or cloudy, you can keep your baby protected with the removable and adjustable canopy; you can always provide shade when you need to. Just use the seat recline feature when your little darling dozes off.
There’s a big storage console in this stroller where you can keep all sorts of things like your wallet, keys, water bottles and other things plus a place for diapers below it.\
4. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
This is an extremely travel friendly stroller that weighs just 12 pounds. In fact, it is so lightweight that you might even be able to drive it with just a single hand. You will get most of the features but it still folds compact. When folded, its dimensions are at 18 inches by 12 inches by 34 inches. The front suspension and all-terrain wheels are going to make your ride a smooth one. The Kolcraft Cloud Plus is extremely durable, too, as it is made from steel and polyester. This stroller is JPMA Certified and comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
This model is good for infants up to 50 pounds. Your little one is sure to feel comfortable, thanks to its multiple position seat recline feature. The 5-point safety harness will keep him safe always. It even offers a three tier extended canopy, which is best for maximum sun protection. The peek-a-boo window allows a mom to see the infant at all times – a most thoughtful addition. There are two cup holders in the parent tray and a child tray as well.
5. Delta Children City Street Side by Side Stroller
Parents with two infants will rarely find a better lightweight double stroller than this one. This is extremely lightweight and compact so you will definitely be able to travel with it. The DX is known particularly for its safety, style and convenience. And, with the launch over the Side By Side version, it has now become even better. Both your infants will be seating side-by-side but it will still be able to pass through 30” wide doorways because of its unique design. This forward facing model will allow the passengers to see ahead while making it easy for the parents to maneuver the stroller. It also comes with shock absorbing front wheels that can swivel 360 degrees plus a large sun canopy. And of course, this product is convenient for the parent as it has room for two hanging bags as well as a cup holder.
The City Street Side by Side from Delta is safe, too. Its 3-point harness is going to keep the infants strapped safely and the extra padding makes it comfortable for them. This umbrella stroller is very safe to use that it meets JPMA certification and even exceeds all ASTM standards and all CPSC standards.
If you are looking for the best double umbrella stroller, then you can definitely pick this one. It’s a great product for infants who weigh up to 35 pounds each.
Important Features to Look for in the Best Umbrella Strollers
Your umbrella stroller should always have these important features so check closely before buying:
1. Portability and Ease of Use – Can this be transported easily? How much space does it take up at the back of your car? How much space will it take up in your closet? Is it easy to fold? These strollers typically fold easily but it’s good to check still. Can you fold it with just one hand? Remember that a mom might have to carry her infant with the other hand.
2. Weight – Most umbrella strollers weigh about 4.54 kg or 10 pounds.
3. Safety – You must ensure that your stroller is safe for the infant. It should have a 5-point safety harness and your child shouldn’t be able to undo its buckle. Also, a mom will want to see the child while walking. even with the canopy on. A peek-a-boo window at the top of a canopy will allow you to check the baby from time to time while still ensuring that they stay protected against the sun or rain. Also make sure that the stroller balances well and does not tip over easily.
4. Sturdy Design – It should definitely be durable and sturdy. Check whether any compromises has been made in trying to keep it lightweight. The product should last a long time despite its lightweight structure.
5. Comfort and Adjustability – There is often no plush padding in umbrella strollers like there are in regular models. But, you must still make sure that your child remains comfortable. Ensure that there is padding at least in the shoulder straps and headrests and that they can be easily adjusted to your baby’s comfort. You will also need to see if you can adjust the seat in the correct recline position. Traditionally, this feature is absent in umbrella strollers but there are now newer models that have this. A good umbrella stroller should have a back recline that can be adjusted easily. There should be a footrest, too.
6. Handles – Umbrella strollers that don’t cost a lot of money are often very small and the handles very short. Because of this, people with average height will often kick its back causing them to wake up the small baby and even frighten them. The handles should be adjustable and be close to at least 41 inches. They should also have good grips.
7. Maneuverability – This is a big deal. You should be able to use your umbrella stroller and maneuver through tight corners easily.
Lightweight Double Stroller (Double Umbrella Strollers)
We have had umbrella strollers for many years now and they have gone through a lot of changes over the years. You will find double umbrella strollers now as well. Umbrella strollers are known to be lightweight but these double strollers are still bulkier than the regular models as they have to carry two infants. Still, the double umbrella models can be folded much quickly compared to the regular double strollers.
It should be noted also that just like the standard strollers, these models do not have advanced features such as all-terrain wheels, storage baskets and the like as they are designed to be lightweight and portable. Despite this limitation, it still remains useful for families with two babies and is much better than buying and managing two strollers. Make sure that the double umbrella stroller you select is lightweight and manageable, even though it would be bulkier.
If you are a new mom with an infant, you should definitely have a stroller. Your baby is going to love exploring the outdoors as she will pick up all the sights and sounds of the world. It’s going to be good for you too because this will give you an excuse to go out for a walk and stretch your legs.
An umbrella stroller will make this quick strolls more convenient as they are lightweight and easy to maneuver. Just make sure that you read through these umbrella stroller reviews carefully to find out the finest one for you and your baby.