Umbrella strollers are folding and lightweight baby strollers. This kind of strollers are very easy to folds and can be carried on a train or stashed at the back of a vehicle. They are easier to maneuver in crowded spaces as well, and that’s one more reason why they have become such a favorite among urban parents now.
These strollers usually fold in as their name “umbrella”. However, there are a few models that fold in half. These are even more compact models. These strollers are best for babies who are at least six months of age, as the seats don’t recline to become flat. The baby should be able to hold his head.
Take a look at our Umbrella Stroller Reviews
Here are some of the finest umbrella strollers you can find.
1. Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller – lightest umbrella stroller.
This model comes with a canopy, and cargo basket. You can choose from any of the four colors – Black, Tangerine, Topazio, and Cilantro. The Chicco Capri has an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars in Amazon. More than half of all the 370 reviewers have rated it 5 out of 5.The Chicco Capri is an ultra lightweight and rugged umbrella stroller that has been designed in Italy. It weighs just 11 pounds (so this is one of the lightest umbrella stroller), but you will find many advanced features that are usually seen in full-size regular models. Its product dimensions are 33.5 x 19 x 39 inches. Material used is aluminum. The front wheels suspension is very efficient. This allows you to take the stroller in even rough terrain. The Chicco comes with a 5-point safety harness system. Extra padding makes it comfortable for your baby. The shoulder strap will keep your baby safe in position. However there is just a single recline position. The wheel is fixed and swivel. The Chicco Capri is definitely a nice purchase.
2. Summer Infant 3D lite Convenience Stroller
The Summer Infant 3D lite is among the most popular umbrella strollers in the Amazon web store at this time. Its aluminum frame is extremely stylish, and yet, it makes this model very sturdy and lightweight as well. The frame comes with a one year limited warranty. It weighs just 12 pounds. In fact, this is among the most lightweight models you will find. There is a carry strap too for ease of taking along. You can expect to use it for as long as your child needs it. The Infant 3D can probably be stored away for a second child later too. It won’t take up a lot of your space.
The front wheels are anti-shock. Rear wheels can be locked to improve safety. There is a large seating area for your baby, and it can be reclined to more than one position. The 5-point safety harness keeps your child safe always. You will be able adjust or even remove the canopy completely as well. Most moms have found its rear storage pocket most convenient for storing a lot of things. Plus, there is the large storage basket too. All this makes it a great umbrella stroller.
204 customers have posted their reviews as of the middle of February 2015. Close to 170 of these reviewers have rated it 4 or higher. Overall, the Summer Infant 3D lite enjoys 4.2 out of 5 stars.
3. Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller
This umbrella stroller is perfect for infants up to 50 pounds and those who are at least 6 months of age. Parents will be happy as it is durable. The infant is happy too as it is very comfortable, thanks to the additional padding and wider seat base. All eight wheels are larger in size, which means that this product is safer. It glides over any surface easily. The 5-point harness makes is even safer. Rear wheel brakes keep it in place always. At 20.4 pounds, this is again one of the lightest umbrella stroller you are sure to love. You will rarely find something better anywhere else.
Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller – has taller handles that reclines in many positions. You won’t ever hit the back of the wheels, waking up the infant suddenly. Sunny or cloudy, no matter what the condition is, you can keep your baby protected with the removable and adjustable canopy. You can always provide shade when you want it. Just use the seats recline feature when your little darling dozes off.
There’s a big storage console in this stroller where you can keep all sorts of things like your wallet, keys, water bottles and other things. There is place for diapers below.
Graco Breaze Click Connect Stroller has received an overall rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 at the Amazon web store from 54 customer reviews.
4. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
This is an extremely travel friendly stroller that weighs just 12 lbs. In fact, it is so lightweight that you might even be able to drive it with just a single hand. You will get most of the features, but it still folds compact. When folded, its dimensions are 18″w x 12″d x 34″h. The front suspension and all-terrain wheels are going to make your ride a smooth one. The Kolcraft Cloud Plus is extremely durable too. It is made with steel and polyester. This stroller is JPMA Certified, and it comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
This model is good for infants up to 50 pounds. Your little one is sure to feel comfortable, thanks to its multiple position seat recline feature. The 5-point safety harness will keep him safe always. It even offers a three tier extended canopy, which is best for maximum sun protection. The peek-a-boo window allows a mom to see the infant at all times – a most thoughtful addition. There are two cup holders in the parent tray. Plus, there’s a child tray as well.
91 customers have posted their reviews of this product at Amazon. 74 of them have rated it 4 or higher. Overall, this Kolcraft umbrella stroller enjoys a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5.
5. Delta Children City Street Side by Side Stroller
Parents with two infants will rarely find a better lightweight double stroller than this one. This is extremely lightweight and compact too. You will definitely be able to travel with it. The DX is known particularly for its safety, style, and convenience. And with the launch over the Side By Side version, it has now become even better. Both your infants will be seating side-by-side, but it will still be able to pass through 30” wide doorways, thanks to its unique design. This is a forward facing model. You will find that it is very easy to maneuver this stroller. The shock absorbing front wheels swivel 360 degrees. It has a large sun canopy.
The City Street Side by Side from Delta is safe too. Its 3-point harness is going to keep the infants strapped safely. Extra padding makes it comfortable for them. It is JPMA Certified. In fact, this umbrella stroller is so safe to use that it meets and even exceeds all ASTM standards. This one also conforms to all CPSC standards. And of course, this product is convenient for the parent too. There is room for two hanging bags, and there is a cup holder as well. This product looks great as well.
The Delta Children Side by Side has an overall rating of 4.3 stars out of 5 Amazon. 148 customers have posted their reviews as of the middle of February 2015. 130 of them have rated it 4 or higher.
If you are wanna looking for the best double umbrella stroller, then you can definitely pick this one. It’s a great product for infants who weigh up to 35 pounds each. Click here read full for The City Street Side by Side from Delta review.
Important Features to Look for in a best Umbrella Strollers
Your umbrella stroller should always have these important features. So check closely before buying.
1. Can you transport it easily – How much space does it take up at the back of your car? How much space will it take up in your closet?Is it easy to fold – These strollers typically fold easily. But it’s good to check still. Can you fold it with just one hand? A mom needs to carry her infant with the other.
2. Weight – Most models weigh about 4.54 kg or 10 pounds.
3. Safety – You must of course ensure that your stroller is safe for the infant. It should have a 5-point safety harness. Your child shouldn’t be able to undo its buckle. Also, a mom will want to see the child while walking. But the canopy can make it difficult. So ensure that there is a peek a boo window at the canopy’s top. You can then check to be sure that your child is safe. Read more about safety for stroller.
4. Sturdy design – It should certainly be durable and sturdy. Check whether any compromises has been made in trying to keep it lightweight. The light-weight structure should last for some time.
5. Comfort and Adjustability – There is often no plush padding in umbrella strollers like there is in regular models. But you must surely want the child to remain comfortable. So ensure there is sufficient padding at least. The shoulder straps should also be padded. You should be able to adjust them for the baby’s comfort. Plus, you will need to adjust the seat in the correct recline position. Traditionally, this feature has been absent in umbrella strollers. But there are a few models now with this. The good umbrella stroller should have a back recline that can be adjusted easily. There should be a footrest too. It might also be a good idea to select a model that has padded headrests. Check its balance too. Make sure that it does not tip over.
6. Handles – Umbrella strollers that don’t cost a lot of money are often very small. The handles are very short. Because of this, people with average height will often kick its back. This might wake up the small baby and even frighten him. The handles should be adjustable and be close to 41 inches at least. They should have good grips.
7. Maneuverability – This is a big deal. You should be able to use your umbrella stroller and maneuver through tight corners easily.
Lightweight Double Stroller (Double Umbrella Strollers)
We have had umbrella strollers for many years now, and they have gone through a lot of changes too over the years. You will find double umbrella strollers now as well. Umbrella strollers are known to be lightweight, but these double strollers are still bulkier than the other models, as they have to carry two infants. You will have to live with this additional weight. The double models fold quickly as well.
And like the standard strollers, these models too don’t have the usual fanfare like those all-terrain wheels, storage baskets and such others. But they are still very useful for families with two babies. It’s much better than buying two strollers and managing them. So make sure that the double umbrella stroller you select is lightweight and manageable, even though it would be bulkier.
If you are a new mom with an infant, you should definitely have a stroller. Your baby is going to love it outdoors, as she will pick up all the sights and sounds of the world. It’s going to be good for you too, as you can stretch your legs when you go out for a walk. Pick an umbrella stroller, as it is lightweight and easy to maneuver. But make sure that you read all this umbrella stroller reviews carefully to find out the finest one for you and your baby.